Second finished quilt of the year and it’s only January 18th – There’s no way I’ll be able to keep this pace up!
This quilt, like all the best ones, tells a good story.
Amongst the many fabrics in it….
• A good friend and colleague’s pillowcase that she gave me when she left Canada
• Some fabric my mother has had for at least 25 years, and has been everything from curtains to cushion covers in many locations during my life
• Some fabric that Jim bought and sent to me during his detachment to Kenya last year
• A lot of Moda from the Wee Play & Look & Learn range
• Some Ikea
• A beautiful 1970s print pillowcase that I bought in a thrift store in Medicine Hat and have been eeking out through many projects
• An old ladies floral nightdress, which I bought on impulse because I loved the fabric
• Some Amy Butler remnants from a skirt I made
• Some eBay finds of unknown origin
• Some fabric from a remnants store in Limassol that I think has been in the shop since 1970
By the way, yesterday’s comment about the weather has jinxed us. The coptic storm known as ‘El fedra el kebira’ which arrives every year within 48 hours of January 19th, arrived today. It’s chucking it down with rain and 14c – that’ll teach me!