Home sewing Me Made May Monday

Me Made May Monday

Me Made May Monday

A “Me Made” bag for today’s Me Made Monday. This is the second bag I have made recently, the other, a beach bag for my sister will have to remain under wraps till she comes out to the island next weekend. This bag is the Everything Tote from Heather Ross’s Weekend Sewing.

Regular readers of this blog will know I have a difficult relationship with the book, but I held out for a third project just in case… and I’m pleased to say I love the results!

However, it must be said that I’m sure that at least part of the reason the bag was successful was because I almost entirely ignored the pattern instructions. I took on board Lorna’s comments about the design, then lined the pocket against the pattern’s advice, added a button close, and blind stitched the outside binding by hand.

…So it doesn’t say an awful lot for the book, that my first successful project from it was the one where I ignored the instructions… oh well

Ninny May 17, 2010 - 4:46 am

That is just tooo cute! Your sewing talent is just that…a talent! It’s a beautiful tote.

Liz

Blueberry Heart May 17, 2010 - 9:29 am

lovely bag – especially the fabric, very nice, did you buy it in Cyprus?? I noticed the craft shop in Paphos I recommended for tracing paper has closed! It certainly wasn’t open for long.

I was wondering if the Red Arrows are still passing by your window?? we are here in Cyprus til weds 19th and I’ll head to akrotiri camera in hand if they’re still flying here!
BH x

Lululiz May 17, 2010 - 2:05 pm

Fabulous looking bag, I love the fabric you used.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ May 18, 2010 - 12:32 am

I love the bag!!! I was looking for a new one this weekend and this was just as nice as the ones I saw, in fact, I think the choice of fabric is even better!!!

Little Island In The Med May 18, 2010 - 3:34 am

The exterior fabric is from Ikea (so not expensive) and BH, yes the Red Arrows are still flying, should have told you this yesterday, but the best view is often by the gate just before 8am. Wish I could offer you something exciting on base, but we have our big boss over this week and we’re all glued to our desks! đŸ˜‰

Blueberry Heart May 18, 2010 - 11:43 am

thanks for the info! will be heading up there in the morning as our flight isn’t til around 10 ish in the evening, soooo dont want to go back! I too will be fastened to my desk again on thursday…sniff….Back in 4 weeks though, and counting down already!!
BH x

Trisha May 19, 2010 - 10:09 pm

Love this bag! You did a great job.

Mom of three May 22, 2010 - 12:52 am

l o v e l y

The Bag Lady June 12, 2010 - 11:41 am

Check it out!! Glad I’m not there now as you would have put me out of business!!! Hahaha. All of the projects are gorgeous. If I didn’t have kids I’d be on it myself!!!!! I have had the fabric for a skirt sitting out for nearly a week now and no chance to cut it out!!!!