Home cyprus Red hot

Red hot

Red hot

Over the last few days temperatures in Cyprus have been 5c higher than average for this time of year. Good news if you are a sun-starved Brit on holiday, but less fun if you have to live and work without air-conditioning in temperatures of 38c.

We’ve seen some pretty interesting weather in our travels over the last few years, from the wet windy South Atlantic, to the endless snow in Alberta, but I think the Cypriot summer is the most challenging so far.

But don’t worry, I’ll try my best not to moan about the heat for the next 3 months! By the way, the local watermelons are enormous and very cheap. I’ll have to do a whole other post on our local roadside fruit stall… lots and lots of fabulous fruit and just metres from the beach.

Emma June 21, 2010 - 6:13 pm

I’m glad it’s not just me! I love the heat and do nothing but moan when I’m cold so my hubby keeps telling me off for saying I’m too hot, which I suppose is fair enough but he does work in an office with air con!

Lululiz June 21, 2010 - 6:13 pm

What is that amazing creature in the first photo? What an amazing colour!

Little Island In The Med June 21, 2010 - 6:26 pm

It is pretty cool isn’t it Liz? It was hanging out by our pool. It looks like it has a big grin on its face and a big red nose! 🙂

DD June 21, 2010 - 9:06 pm

Love the pic of the damselfly, never managed to get quite that close myself. Maybe the heat slows them down. The heat there sounds oppressive, not sure I’d last five minutes. Look forward to hearing more about the watermelons. Foods always agood topic lol :o)

sophie June 21, 2010 - 11:29 pm

Watermelon…YES!!!!!

Little Island In The Med June 22, 2010 - 3:31 am

Is it ok to confess that the dogs had some of the watermelon too? Without the pips off course… they loved it!

Laura Lockwood June 22, 2010 - 5:42 am

Love the dragon fly photo…looks like it’s posing!

Tabiboo June 22, 2010 - 9:41 am

Could you send a little sun and heat over to the UK’s east coast – mainly Kent pleeeease…..I only need a little.

Nina x

Little Island In The Med June 22, 2010 - 9:54 am

You’ve got a deal Nina, but only if you send us some cool air and rain! 🙂

periwinkle June 22, 2010 - 6:25 pm

Whenever we came to Cyprus I used to always head to a fruit stall to pick up a watermelon – they never taste the same in the UK ..