Home quilting Pink Crib Quilt

Pink Crib Quilt

pink crib quilt

Hello from Sunny Scotland and a Happy Due Day to me!

No sign of the baby arriving any time soon, so some quilting progress to report this week. Firstly the pink crib quilt which was an embryonic idea this time last week, is now finished.

pink crib quiltAll of the squares were precut and already in my stash so it came together very quickly. I’m particularly pleased with the way the applique name came out. It’ll be going in the post to its new owner today…
pink crib quilt
Β Gifted quilts out of the way, I had some time to return to quilts I’m making for our baby and in particular the Sherbet Pips snowball crib quilt.

I’ve tried a couple of new things with this quilt. Firstly it has a feature panel on the back, making it my first double sided quilt and secondly I have experimented with pre-washing the batting/wadding to lose the shrinkage before quilting. I’m not 100% sold on the crinkly look for all quilts, so it will be interesting to see what the difference in the finished result is.

Sherbet Pips snowball in progress 2

This one should be completed by the end of today, just some trimming/straightening up to do and the binding to add! I can’t wait to get that polka dot fabric sewn on!

Please come back next week to see the result one way or another… You never know, maybe they’ll be a baby sleeping under it…

Want to see more of my quilts?

sweetteagrits August 17, 2011 - 12:41 pm

Super CUTE quilts!

Lindsay Conner August 17, 2011 - 2:41 pm

I LOVE your baby quilt with the applique. Isn’t it nice when projects come together quickly like that?

Jerimi August 17, 2011 - 3:55 pm

I love the crinkly texture on your baby quilt. I used to have mixed feelings about it, but now I love it. Isn’t it funny how things can change without warning? That quilt is just darned cute!

I hope everything goes well with the baby’s arrival. πŸ™‚

Caroline August 17, 2011 - 8:24 pm

Oh both those quilts are gorgeous! I’d be really interested to hear about how the pre-washing turns out, I’m also not such a fan of the crinkly look but quilts (especially baby ones!) do need a wash from time to time…
Best of luck with the imminent arrival πŸ˜‰

Kathy August 17, 2011 - 10:59 pm

Clearly the ‘nesting’ instinct is in top gear in the Highlands! Keep well – remember to rest (it will be your last chance for many years to come:) Will check back soon to see your news

The Thompsons August 18, 2011 - 12:07 am

The applique is adorable and so is the quilt. Good luck- hope your little lady makes her debut soon.

Marg August 18, 2011 - 12:18 am

Both quilts are gorgeous. It’s great to have a nice quick project that comes together so well.
Good luck!

Rachel August 18, 2011 - 2:33 am

What a cute crib quilt!

Fiona August 18, 2011 - 8:39 pm

I stumbled across your page a few days ago, I’ve loved looking at your quilts. The one you are making for your very own baby is gorgeous, let’s hope you get to use it very soon!

Ninny August 19, 2011 - 7:07 pm

Love the “Ruth” quilt and the Pips snowball quilt! Both are so cheerful and happy. I followed your advice and changed my settings. Thanks to you, I am now a reply blogger. Looking forward to good news on the baby front very soon!

Liz

Sharon August 19, 2011 - 9:39 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, I would be over the moon and completely chuffed to bits to be receiving one of them, especially for a new baby – absolutely beautiful! Hope you weren’t too disappointed as your due date came and went….the day will come soon enough x

Valentina August 21, 2011 - 5:08 am

Dear Clare, I hope that by now you are holding your precious baby. πŸ™‚
Your quilt is beautiful. This morning I have been enjoying your version of Cyprus, one so different from mine, living in Nicosia, where I have a super quilt shop close by and wide enough tracing paper… It just makes me so sad we never met while you were here. I would have love going around taking pix with you: our camera’s are the same! and there is also the Canada connection… πŸ™‚ And I have been drooling over your pictures, and will be ordering the ebook you recommend. I hope we can stay in touch. πŸ™‚

Lee August 22, 2011 - 3:41 am

The Pips snowball quilt is just adorable. Both of them are, actually! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )