A week of varying success on the sewing/quilting front this week! I’ve spent most of it working on my cushion for the Pillow Talk Swap. Some people in the Flickr group work with a beautiful precise plan, which involves lots of sketches, fabric pulls and ordered progression.
I however like to start with a rough idea and fumble my way through letting the whole thing evolve on its own. This of course means I sometimes get halfway through making something and realise I could have got a better result if I’d done it slightly differently, which because I’m a perfectionist, means more often than not I do a lot of unpicking.
So this week has been mostly unpicking and redoing, and after all of that I still only have a completed pillow top. They’ll be some trimming, quilting, a back and some binding still to come.
Consequently there’s been no progress on Theo’s neighbourhood quilt, but I have managed to make two applique children’s t-shirts. One as a gift, and the other as an order for a little girl’s first birthday and there’s still another to make by the end of today…
The yellow t-shirt is actually a replacement for an identical one I had packaged up a ready to send last week. It was sitting on the coffee table in a mailing bag on the Sunday night and by the Monday lunchtime had vanished! I’m sure the small boy is responsible, but so far no amount of hunting in dark corners has uncovered the original package – so frustrating!
Anyway, more quilt and pillow progress next week I hope!