Home country kids The joy of jumping in puddles

The joy of jumping in puddles

The joy of jumping in puddles

jumpinginpuddles

Sometimes the morning dog walk can be an exercise in continual motivation and persuasion.

“Just a bit further and there are some blackberries”
“If you hurry up we can have a hot chocolate”
“Let’s catch up with the doggies!”

And then you put puddles in the equation and he can’t get from start to finish quick enough. He may fill his wellies with water and soak his trousers through, but the pure joy from something so simple and entirely free is a thing to behold.

So now every time I see it start to rain outside, there’s a part of me that smiles at what’s to come.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Lauren October 13, 2013 - 3:25 pm

This is really sweet. The photo is beautiful too. Your boy looks so cute xx

Carie October 13, 2013 - 5:06 pm

With the weather we’ve had this week I’d don’t think there will be any shortage of puddles for jumping soon! It’s a lovely moment and a great picture!

Nancy October 13, 2013 - 6:11 pm

I love jumping in puddles – the best thing about being a parent is reverting to childhood and enjoying the abandon of doing things that feel good like jumping in puddles, blowing bubbles, making funny noises that are not articulated English and giggling endlessly at something inanely silly. Alone I would look foolish, but with a 2 year old at my side, I am free to do anything (almost).

Dawn Frazier October 13, 2013 - 6:47 pm

Jumping in puddles is the best fun! My kids love it and it looks like your boy does too 🙂

Jess @ Along Came Cherry October 13, 2013 - 7:48 pm

My little girl LOVES splashing in puddles too! x

Coombe Mill October 14, 2013 - 7:03 pm

Such a treasured childhood activity which is so much fun, I love the look of complete joy on your son’s face. Thanks for linking up and sharing your fun with Country Kids.

Debra Carr October 14, 2013 - 7:33 pm

What a fantastic photograph! You can’t beat a puddle 🙂

Mummy Daddy and Me makes Three October 15, 2013 - 8:49 pm

What is it about puddles and children? My toddler loves them!! And this is a lovely photo capturing your moment. I wish we had a dog but my hubby won’t let me get one as he thinks he will do all the walking. It is lovely to find your blog it is really great. And thanks for linking up with the ordinary moments. x

TheBoyandMe October 18, 2013 - 7:30 pm

That a fabulous photograph, would I expect anything different from you? The water droplets are fabulous. And yes, puddles are the most amazing thing. I love jumping in them too.

Popping over from Country Kids.