So another week has gone by and I am deeply into university research at the moment, so very little sewing has taken place in the last seven days. Fortunately though I do have one of last year’s Christmas quilts to share with you. As I mentioned before I had a couple of quilts that I made and didn’t post about on the blog, so it’s good to finally get round to doing so.
This is a wall quilt that I made for my niece Millie. It was a bit of a last minute make as the wall quilt I originally made her didn’t quite fit the bill when I finished it a couple of weeks before Chrsitmas, so I decided to do another. I made it by creating 4 pieced strips from scraps and then sticking them together. All rather haphazard, but remarkably it turned out ok!
Millie’s name which I printed from photoshop in a font called Lobster, is rendered in white felt and was attached using Heat N Bond Ultra. The only thing I’d do differently if I could was to use a different fabric for the binding. It works well apart from the bits where the turquoise pigs are visible and a bit distracting.
Here it is on the wall at the head of her bed. The original quilt which I made for her in Christmas 2010 is on the bed, with a less successful one (in my opinion!) from 2011 folded up nearest the camera. It’s quite a thing I have started with this girl and quilts!