Home Uncategorized 8/52 – The one where I try to get him to sit still

8/52 – The one where I try to get him to sit still

8/52 – The one where I try to get him to sit still
theo230214
It is getting harder and harder to get Theo to sit still for a photograph. Or just to sit still for anything. This is what being two and a half is all about, constant moving.
We should probably count ourselves lucky that he does actually sit still to eat, even in public places. I’m not sure if it’s because we exposed him to cafe eating from an early age or just because he loves food.
This week we’ve had another milestone. He’s moved out of his Ikea highchair and in to a hand-me-down Tripp Trapp at the kitchen table. A small change, but one that has gently, but significantly tipped the family dynamics. I am trying to use this move to reclaim the table for family eating. I am guilty of having transformed into a sewing station and I think we’d all benefit from a space to sit together, not just to eat, but to spread out newspapers and do jigsaw puzzles.
My garden studio is being installed in a week’s time and though we have other plans for it in the short term, its arrival will mean that by the end of the summer, there will be a home for all of the sewing paraphernalia.
living arrows

Mammasaurus February 24, 2014 - 8:55 am

Such sparkling eyes – what a lovely photo x

Franki February 24, 2014 - 9:10 am

Mammasaurus said exactly what I was going to, What sparkly eyes he has! Beautiful x

Catherine Pritchard February 24, 2014 - 9:53 am

My spotty (chickenpox) grandson has a TrippTrapp chair. I love the way they grow with the child and he can eat at the table properly . Very adaptable.
This morning he asked for scrambled egg with peanut butter toast on the side! Quite a combination. Must be getting better I think

My Two Mums February 24, 2014 - 11:27 am

Such gorgeous eyes. I totally get the not sitting still, so hard to get our little man to stay in one place.

Amy Lorimer February 24, 2014 - 12:49 pm

Agree with everyone above – what gorgeous eyes!
And I’m going through the same with John (just turned 2). He just won’t sit still for a photo and has even started telling me “no”. It’s heart breaking!

Beautiful photo though. Fingers crossed he sits still a little longer so you can get some more!

Clare Mansell February 24, 2014 - 12:57 pm

My dad is a John, so lovely to hear that name for a young boy!

Josie Hendrick February 24, 2014 - 12:51 pm

Yes, I hear ya. Getting a non blurry photo of my toddler is a mighty big challenge these days. Although you’ve nailed it with this one.

Clare Mansell February 24, 2014 - 12:54 pm

You should see the copious out takes – hurray for digital!

Keri-Anne February 24, 2014 - 12:53 pm

Such a cutie 🙂 xx

lucy at dear beautiful February 24, 2014 - 3:46 pm

Beautiful photo. It’s certainly a challenge keeping them still, isn’t it? My little boy just turned three and I have got used to chasing with my camera if I want a shot. x

Nancy February 25, 2014 - 10:58 am

Yes stillness is not something associated with 2 2/2 year olds… At least he is better than my sister-in-law who would turn her back and run from the camera. Everytime….