Home living arrows Living Arrows : 14/52

Living Arrows : 14/52

Children do not always see the merit in being coaxed to a beautiful location for a photograph. We’ve had this face before, but yesterday it was because of the unsuitability of his shoes for the muddy tractor track we were walking down. “Wellies!” he kept saying pitifully and ever hopeful, I’d reply with “Smile at Mummy!”
Don’t worry I didn’t make him suffer for more than a couple of minutes and then I had to pay for my selfishness by carrying him all the way out of the field, just in case those red shoes of his got mud on them.
This week has been a big one developmentally. Sometime early in the week I passed him in the garden and casually remarked that I was just going to shut the gate. There was a pause and then a word I had not heard before “Whhhhyyyy?”
And so it begins, the endless questions and the inadequate answers. All part of the journey…
living arrows

Jo Jo April 7, 2014 - 6:56 am

Love it! I’m glad it’s not just me who has these questions and issues with footwear!

Franki April 7, 2014 - 8:01 am

Beautiful shots, and I love the grumpy face. We started with the “Why??” this week and my little one is only 21 months old, HELP!!! x

Jenny Ripatti-Taylor April 7, 2014 - 8:02 am

I love this, because it’s more reality then the smiley ones all the time. I have numerous of both of mine crying in a beautiful location bribery begging them to see the beauty in it as I do and take a photo. This will be a great one to show him at his 18th bday. I love the second one of them walking away. Stunning #livingarrows

pixiedusk April 7, 2014 - 10:27 am

Why is it that why questions never ends? Lovely photos! I love how bright they are. Nice for a gllony day like today. #livingarrows

Emily April 7, 2014 - 11:49 am

There many a grumpy face in my home when I get the camera out too! Never mind, you tried. And I’m certain the smiles will be back again soon! #LivingArrows

london unattached lifestyle April 7, 2014 - 12:50 pm

Oh bless! Somehow all those lovely yellow flowers makes him look heart breakingly cute!

tracey bowden April 7, 2014 - 12:52 pm

Such lovely photos. My daughter is such the poser I have never really had a pic like this from her. Good luck with the ‘why’ phase

Would Like To Be a Yummy Mummy April 7, 2014 - 1:39 pm

Hee hee, we’ve been eying up all the yellow fields around us too. Glad it’s not just my children that don’t want to smile 🙂

Jenni April 7, 2014 - 9:43 pm

Bless him, I get the ‘NOOOOOO mummy” ducking out of shot thing these days! Loving the second photo, good luck with those Whyyyyyys

Catrin Lewis April 8, 2014 - 6:03 am