Home Uncategorized Liberating photos from the computer

Liberating photos from the computer

Liberating photos from the computer

I’ve been reading a lot recently about the importance of actually printing our photos. Most of us have a hard-drive full of pictures, but very few tangible copies of them. Aside from the pleasure of surrounding ourselves with our own pictures, having prints of our photos is another line of defence if (God forbid) we lose the digital copies.

So Last week I decided to get a few of them printed. When they arrived in the post I stuck a load of them up around my desk and decided to put the others in a frame.

This Umbra Gridart frame is from Red Candy and takes photos that are 4×4 inches, it would be brilliant for instagram pics, but also works well with standard 4×6 inches prints, providing the image has enough space to allow trimming.

If you don’t already have a paper guillotine and plan on doing anything like this, buy one! Seriously, it’s one of the most useful things I ever bought and scissors do not do the same job, no matter how neatly you cut.

Once trimmed, I laymy photos out on the sheet that came with the frame and moved them around until I got a layout I was happy with….

I used Pritt Stick to glue them in place, mostly because it was the only thing I could lay my hands on, but actually it’s perfect for this job, because it’s easy to peel off and reposition the images if you need to.

And here is the finished result… I love it! Theo is having such fun pointing out all his family members and I love the modern contemporary look of frame.

Thank you Red Candy for another great bit of homeware!

Isisjem April 9, 2014 - 9:32 am

Love the frame. I stopped printing out photos some time ago. Purely because I have next to no storage space so most of the albums I do have are packed away and not easily accessible. For the last few years I’ve made year books via Blurb. That way I can add narration too and they took up so much less space than big albums.

Jo Jo April 9, 2014 - 10:27 am

Love this Clare!

Claire April 9, 2014 - 7:03 pm

Really cute idea!x

Vicky Wombwell Kuhn April 9, 2014 - 9:44 pm

What a fantastic tutorial. I love the digital age, but there is nothing like having a picture in an album or on a wall.
Love Vicky

Louise Smith April 9, 2014 - 10:11 pm

This is such a lovely idea Clare. I may have to steal it if you don’t mind?! I have loads of pics of my two little ones but nowhere to display them 🙁

Louise x

the running hare April 10, 2014 - 6:40 am

Great idea Clare! I have a whole basket of photos ( from pre- computer technology) that I need to sort out but keep putting off. Your photo frame would do perfectly

Charly Dove April 10, 2014 - 8:50 pm

This is brilliant Clare. It must have been great to get some photos printed. Like you the majority of ours are digital (must get some printed!) and what a lovely way to display them.

Joanna April 12, 2014 - 9:51 pm

I found a great solution for this in heals a little while ago – phlib

Clare Mansell April 12, 2014 - 10:14 pm

I’ve just had a look at their website, thank you for the tip!

Em @ snowingindoors April 23, 2014 - 11:08 am

I love this frame, it looks gorgeous and I’m always on the look out for more frames for our hallway, ta x