Home living arrows Living Arrows : 21/52

Living Arrows : 21/52

Living Arrows : 21/52
Words

I’ve started a little photo project with Theo this week. He’s at the age where he’s starting to have little trademark phrases that he says over and over. I could write them down in a book, but instead I’ve decided to record them in photographs with the aid of a blackboard, that way they won’t get lost and I’ll also have a visual record of the age he was when he said them too.

So this is the first. It refers to the morning at nursery where he stays an extra hour for lunch (at a price of £9.20 – so you see why it’s just the one day!) If you make any reference to Wednesday, this is what he parrots back immediately, usually in a rather excited voice.

Of course the mantra about “working with children” remains true. He struggled a bit with the concept of holding the blackboard up at first…

living arrows

Fiona Naughton May 26, 2014 - 9:53 am

Awh how gorgeous is Theo! What a great smile! I love this idea, it’s great to have the visual as well of the memory of what age he was when he said these things 🙂

Fiona @ http://www.dollydowsie.com

Ritz May 26, 2014 - 12:39 pm

Wow what a beautiful way to record the special moments and what he repeats 🙂 xx

pixiedusk May 26, 2014 - 5:49 pm

What a cute smile! Sometimes I let my sun stay in his pre-school the whole day too and its really expensive! #LivingArrows

Franki May 26, 2014 - 5:51 pm

Ooh I’ve seen the blackboard to record dates of first day at school etc but this is such a cute idea. X

Jenny Ripatti-Taylor May 26, 2014 - 6:52 pm

What an absolutely amazing idea. I write a post each week trying to document all the funny crazy things that come out of Buba but as he gets older the phrases start to repeat and what an amazing way and creative way to document them in photos with a chalk board. Love it!! Look forward to seeing what he comes out with and you come up with! Lovely photos. #livingarrows

City Coastal Life & Style May 26, 2014 - 7:49 pm

great idea, I have loads of funnies from mine, these are the things you will remember in your rocking chair! £9.20! please tell me what they serve for that price, it must be gourmet. Mine hoovers up hers 3 days a week at nursery, I think they think we don’t feed her 🙂 she just enjoys the social aspect, no idea where she gets that from ^whistles innocently into the air*

Faded Seaside Mama May 26, 2014 - 8:47 pm

What a fantastic idea! I started a Twitter account to record the funny things my children said, but haven’t been very good at keeping it up. I think this idea is MUCH better!

Toby Goes Bananas May 26, 2014 - 8:50 pm

What a fantastic idea! I love this picture. (£9.20 for lunch though! What does he get – caviar?!)

Would Like To Be a Yummy Mummy May 26, 2014 - 10:03 pm

Fab photo prop idea and a lovely way to record phrases. Wow £9.20 does seen steep!

Ellie A May 27, 2014 - 7:16 am

Aww thats such a lovely idea, I try to write the little things my son and daughter say down but I think this may have to be my new thing. I love the pictures, he’s such a cutie 🙂 #livingarrows

HillyFilly May 27, 2014 - 7:38 am

Great idea…. you always ‘think’ you’ll remember all the funny little things but you don’t….

Carie May 27, 2014 - 11:16 am

That’s such a sweet way to remember the little things they come out with at that age – and I love the outtake too – it’s just pure pre-schooler!

Catherine May 30, 2014 - 6:26 am

Really good idea. Steep price to pay for a lunch but I think the socialising during eating together is very important too so worth it in the end. Childcare is so expensive.