Home living arrows Living Arrows – 24/52

Living Arrows – 24/52

Living Arrows – 24/52
raspberry
ISO 250, 50mm, f/3.5, 1/500

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been teaming up with five bloggers for a great photo project centered on colour. As with all photo projects one of the best things about it is that it provides the motivation to try taking photos in new ways. This week’s Living Arrows image is he result of my experiments with capturing the colour red and I love the way it turned out.

Theo loves fruit, particularly raspberries and we had great fun putting them on his fingers and seeing how long he could resist the temptation to eat them while I took photos. As with most two year-olds he finds it hard to stand still or hold something in place for long, so he kept moving and eating the raspberries as I tried to take the picture. In the end (as is so often the case) it isn’t the photo I was trying to take, but I prefer it to my original idea…

living arrows

Jenny Ripatti-Taylor June 16, 2014 - 7:11 am

I love this photo and the detail even on the raspberries are so sharp. I love that you always share what you have your camera set to. I really do struggle with getting the right sharpness/focus on what I want and the light bright enough. I love my new 50mm lens. But I have yet to take something as great as this. He is so cute, being so creative wearing his fruit. I used to do this as a kid. It’s great when they love healthy foods isn’t it? Lovely photo captured here. #livingarrows

Clare Mansell June 16, 2014 - 8:35 pm

I don’t know if you do this already, but two suggestions to improve sharpness… Firstly switch to using a single focus point which you can move round and place over the thing you want to focus on (usually the eyes) and secondly sharpening your image in software after you have taken them makes a big difference. Actually processing your image makes a difference in all sorts of ways!

I still look at other people’s images and think “I want to do that and I can’t do it yet” it’s a constant learning process!

My Two Mums June 16, 2014 - 9:38 am

I love this! Perfect for capturing colour and also such a great moment captured. I might try this with our little man.

KARA June 16, 2014 - 9:40 am

This is a fab photo, just brilliant, thanks for sharing x

Franki June 16, 2014 - 9:47 am

Brilliant shot! And so much better than hula hoops 😉 x

mascara & mud June 16, 2014 - 10:41 am

awesome!

Would Like To Be a Yummy Mummy June 16, 2014 - 10:51 am

They still don’t pose how you want then to at 5 going on 6! Those raspberries look delicious. & the colours are great. Fab photo x

Brandi June 16, 2014 - 3:24 pm

Gorgeous color! And such a cute shot.

Toby Goes Bananas June 16, 2014 - 8:32 pm

Haha! Great photo – and a very novel way of eating raspberries!

Katie @mummydaddyme June 16, 2014 - 8:34 pm

Love this photo- so fab!

pixiedusk June 17, 2014 - 8:58 am

Aww I wish that my son is like this! He just eats banana and apple. Other than that wont try anything else. Your photo is so nice! The concept & color are so vivid! #LivingArrows

Emily June 17, 2014 - 1:09 pm

What a juicy pic #LivingArrows

Emma T June 17, 2014 - 1:52 pm

Great photo. Not one you’d see too often.

Faded Seaside Mama June 17, 2014 - 8:57 pm

It’s a fantastic photo! The colours are really vibrant and it’s so much fun too!

Donna June 19, 2014 - 7:26 am

I love this photo, the raspberries look so.. edible! Popping out of the photograph. I remember doing this as a child too, mainly when we went to pick your own places! x