Home quilts Navy & Lime HST Baby Quilt

Navy & Lime HST Baby Quilt

Navy & Lime HST Baby Quilt

blue and lime half square triangle quilt

I’ve just finished my second half square triangle baby quilt of 2014. I’m finding that with quilts, I am increasingly drawn to simpler colour schemes and simpler patterns.

I used to buy quite varied prints and then I found I didn’t use them as much as dots, checks and stripes. This quilt is a classic example of how pairing those kind of patterns can look so clean and modern.

I’ve also noticed my eye has improved a lot since I started my Graphic Design degree. Nothing I can exactly put my finger on, but I’m bolder with colour choices and happier with the results.

lime and navy half sqaure traingle quilt
The chevron/stripe binding is everywhere at the moment and this is actually the first time I have done it. I love the result though, whether original or not!

blue and lime half square triangle quiltblue and lime half square triangle modern quilt

I backed the quilt with minky again. It’s expensive (I want to weep when I see American quilters talking about buying it for $8 a metre!) but it makes the quilt feel so snuggly and luxurious.

half square triangle baby quilt for boys

I sent it off to its new home on Monday, rather reluctantly I have to admit as this is one I would have happily hung on to.

half square triangle quilt navy and green

Carie June 25, 2014 - 10:04 pm

Oh that’s gorgeous – I love the colour combination and the chevron binding looks fabulous. I’m not surprised it was hard to hold onto!

Kathy@KayakQuilting June 26, 2014 - 12:01 am

Wow…that is gorgeous! The colors are terrific and, yes, minky is a wonderful complement! Bravo!

Liz June 26, 2014 - 12:48 am

This is the first time I’ve seen chevron binding, and I love it! The quilt is beautiful and I really like how fresh the colour is!

Kate Yates June 26, 2014 - 1:39 am

Very nice–that looks so clean and modern. I love the combination of navy and lime.

Kristyn @ Melon Patch Quilts June 26, 2014 - 2:05 am

This quilt is beautiful! I am use working on my very 1st HST quilt. How have I never made one in 15 years of quilting, I’ll never know.

Carol June 26, 2014 - 4:14 am

I love blue and green. You have inspired me to start a half square triangle quilt.

Just Sew Sue June 26, 2014 - 5:44 am

Very striking and I love how you co-ordinated your outfit with the quilt.

Wendi July 1, 2014 - 4:05 am

It’s beautiful!!! I want to snuggle up to it also 🙂