On Friday the final bit of external work was completed on our house and that means I can at last show you some before and after pictures of the outside.
There is still a lot to do, we have walls to paint, stairs to varnish, furniture to move, pictures to hang and our garden needs loads of work beginning with grass seed! The internal pictures will be another few weeks!
A quick recap on what we did (or rather had done!) The original house was a 1900 bungalow which had been progressively extended. We completely removed the existing roof and at the front we relocated and replaced the ground floor window on the left and replaced the one on the right. The existing UPVC front door went and in the opening we installed an oak front door.
This is how it looked in February of this year before the work started. We had originally planned to reuse the roof tiles, but stretched our budget to buy composite slate, I’m so glad we did!!
Now the side view. The first picture is of the house when we originally bought it (I think this was actually taken on completion day) in 2009. It needed immediate work on the inside and we also pushed out the middle section of the back wall to extend the kitchen.
Here’s that same view today. It’s hard to tie the before and after together, but the right hand window on the rendered section of the house has stayed the same throughout.
And finally the seaward facing side of the house. The room with the washing machine visible was originally a sun room with an internal window into the kitchen. We knocked through and made an arch. The two windows to the right were sitting room (middle window) and main bedroom (right) and those two rooms were knocked together to form our new living room…
Today we have a rare cool day (I’m not complaining about the heat, honestly) so we are going to crack on with finishing as much of the inside as we can. I’ll share more pictures as we progress!
Hope you are all having a great weekend…