Home Uncategorized Living Arrows – 37/52

Living Arrows – 37/52

Living Arrows – 37/52
livuingarrows150914ISO 1250, 35mm, f/2.8, 1/250

This little stool that Theo is standing on was a purchase at Ardingly Antiques Fair and it’s been so useful. Suddenly he’s got the freedom to reach the sink on his own and wash his hands independently. I honestly don’t know why it took me so long to get one, except for the fact it took me till this month to see something I actually liked.

This week Theo started full days at nursery and the transition has been very smooth. He already loved his half days and accepted the news of the longer stays without question. It’s a time of growing independence for us both. For him to be away from the home with children of his own age and for me to rediscover the potential of long uninterrupted hours.

Though he was still a two year-old a couple of weeks ago we suddenly find ourselves applying for primary schools already. He will be the baby of his year, but he’s tall, outgoing and bright and I think (hope) he’ll be ready next September.

living arrows

Jo Jo September 15, 2014 - 7:54 am

This is all so familiar! Dan has suddenly done a lot of growing up over the summer and has physically and mentally changed. I love to see the changes, but it’s a bit bittersweet. Your Living Arrows project will be a great reminder of a year in Theo’s life and how far he has come.

Jenny Ripatti-Taylor September 15, 2014 - 11:43 am

So cute. Love the stool. Love your capture too! Great photo as always. I haven’t had much practice lately with my slr and I feel like I have jumped four steps backwards in learning and getting better. Always in awe of your photos! #livingarrows

Clarina S September 15, 2014 - 12:47 pm

My Ava’s August born too and we are also pouring over reception applications! She only started nursery 5 days ago! Love the little stool!

Emma T September 15, 2014 - 8:08 pm

Lovely photos of childhood milestone.

Seems so strange that he’s only just 3 and will be starting the same time as N who’s 4 at the end of Jan. Not that old for the year, but still feels like he’s been 3 for ages. #livingarrows

Marylin September 16, 2014 - 4:43 pm

It’s amazing how quickly the time passes isn’t it? I find myself wistfully thinking of P1 when I had to hold Max’s hand in line so he would stay there… now he doesn’t need me to do that any more!
Fantastic photo, I’m rather green eyed of the stool – we could use something similar! #LivingArrows

Steph @MisplacedBrit September 21, 2014 - 8:38 am

Beautiful bright shot! Caught in the action, running water too! Love it.