Home living arrows Living Arrows : 41/52

Living Arrows : 41/52

Living Arrows : 41/52

ISO 400, 50mm, f/2.0, 1/6400

Blackberry season has only just finished, but we are already looking ahead to next September. This week a letter arrived from the council asking us to express our preferences for Theo’s primary schooling. Only a few weeks ago he was still a two year-old, so this landmark moment has come quicker to us than to some others.

Fortunately we have good choices of schools locally and completing the form was a five minute process. We have in the past debated holding him back to start school when he is five, but increasingly I have noticed how he holds his own with the older children he mixes with and I believe he has the confidence and strength of character to get along well when he starts next autumn.

The next challenge is a diplomacy one for me. Our local primary is almost visible from our house, just the other side of two fields. There is a track between the school and our lane with a warning sign that forbids trespassers. My challenge is going to be persuading the farmer to allow us access along this track before school starts or face walking three sides of a square along a main road. Apparently that could be a bit of a challenge. But if you don’t ask…

living arrows

Susanna Di Milo October 13, 2014 - 11:59 am

it seems only yesterday my son was starting school, now I go and see him at his salon and he does my hair! Time flies doesn’t it. Sounds an idyllic walk to school if you ask me, no traffic. As you say, its all about asking – especially if you take the farmer some of your blackberry jam!

Carie October 13, 2014 - 12:08 pm

fingers crossed the farmer says yes – that would make for the most idyllic walk to school!

Brandi October 13, 2014 - 12:18 pm

What an incredible picture, I’m smitten with the dof. Always exciting to embark on new adventures, best of luck!

Jenny Ripatti-Taylor October 13, 2014 - 1:29 pm

Ahhh good luck hopefully they let you walk through. Smile big and bring baked goods. lol Muffins are always a way to warm the heart. Lovely photo here. Wish I could take photos like this. #livingarrows

Emma T October 13, 2014 - 7:37 pm

Lovely photo.

We’re doing school next year as well.although have an old for the year (January). We’ve not had our letter yet, although have done a first submission.

Jo Jo October 15, 2014 - 6:57 am

It’s so crazy isn’t it? I’m still waiting for my form to come through, but we are lucky too with two very lovely schools very near us. Totally with you on the asking front, and who could refuse with gifts in hand?