Home Uncategorized Petworth Park, West Sussex

Petworth Park, West Sussex

Petworth Park, West Sussex

On Friday I finished the last module of a 15 month long Graphic Design course. It’s been educational and enjoyable, but I’m really looking forward to reclaiming the 20 hours a week that it used to consume. So my first day free of student deadlines deserved a bit of a treat. We headed north to Petworth Park for a dog walk with friends, followed by lunch.

petworth17_edit

Petworth Park is owned by the National Trust and there are 700 acres that you can roam freely through in return for a £3 parking ticket. Like lots of big parks, it’s known for it’s herds of deer and Theo was entranced by them, whispering to us that he thought the deer might be Father Christmas’s actual reindeer. He was also rather fascinated by a rabbit hole he spotted under a large oak…

petworth3

He tried to persuade them to come out by shouting “Hello rabbit!” at the hole and then realised perhaps a little too late, that you need to be quiet to spot rabbits. Ooops!

petworth1_editThe park also provided Theo with a chance to indulge in one of the best kind of free activities at this time of year… jumping in ice-covered puddles! His Joules wellies are standing up to quite a lot of abuse at the moment.

petworth5After the park we went on to a pub a friend had recommended, the Halfway Bridge Inn in Lodsworth. We had been wandering round the park for so long it was actually nearly 2:30pm by the time we sat down, but we warmed up with some homemade mulled Cider and filled our tummies with some excellent hearty pub grub.

petworth10petworth7petworth8It was nearly dark by the time we got home. The whole day had been taken up by fresh air, good food and good friends. I can’t think of many better ways to spend a Saturday in January…

Info :

Petworth Park
Petworth
West Sussex GU28 0AE

Halfway Bridge,
Lodsworth,
West Sussex GU28 9BP

Linking up with my usual favourites..

snowingindoorsLiving Arrows Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Karen January 19, 2015 - 12:49 pm

Well done on finishing that’s brilliant!
What a lovely day out. All gorgeous photos but love the splashing in wellies one. We love all the deer and my three think they belong to Santa too. At Christmas they were looking for Rudolph x

FromMummytoMum January 19, 2015 - 2:56 pm

Awe what a beautiful day. That photo of Theo looking into the rabbit hole is gorgeous!

Donna January 19, 2015 - 6:21 pm

Oh my! That ham, egg and chips may be the best food I have seen, ever! I need it in my life! x

Coombemill January 19, 2015 - 8:01 pm

It sounds like a perfect way to celebrate the end of your course. Enjoy those extra hours in your week and thank you for sharing some lovely photos of your day on Country Kids.

Merlinda (@pixiedusk) January 20, 2015 - 6:49 am

Your photos are so amazing! I love those puddles shot. The water captured! Amazing =) #livingarrows

Sonia January 20, 2015 - 11:46 am

It sounds (and looks) like you had a wonderful day! That food looks amazing! That’s made me hungry now lol x

lisa prince January 20, 2015 - 1:39 pm

i love looking at your pics and i so want to try that food , love how the chips are served x

Adventure Togs January 20, 2015 - 8:30 pm

Stunning photos to remember lovely day out. Gorgeous x
#countrykids

Cerys January 21, 2015 - 9:51 am

sounds like the perfect day. with the most amazing photos!

My Two Mums January 21, 2015 - 9:32 pm

Your little man’s eyes are simply stunning! I love the lighting in the top shots, beautiful.

You Baby Me Mummy January 23, 2015 - 7:28 pm

These photos are truly beautiful. Looks like a fabulous day and I am glad you have got some time back. Thanks for linking up to #PointShoot x

Aly January 24, 2015 - 8:56 pm

Oh I really love your photos, beautifully shot.I’m really wanting to grab a few chips from your blog and go looking for rabbits.

Nikki Thomas January 25, 2015 - 2:09 pm

Such beautiful photos, what a lovely location. That food looks delicious too, you can’t beat pub grub . #livingarrows

Hayley from Shutterflies January 25, 2015 - 3:50 pm

What a lush day, you obviously have such a great time together. I love the photo of Theo, he’s such a handsome little boy. Well done on finishing your course, you must be so happy! x

Maria (One Tiny Leap) January 25, 2015 - 10:07 pm

Fabulous shots, and looks like a perfect day out! I really love the one of him peeking through that tree 🙂 x

Mary Louise January 31, 2015 - 9:49 am

Ah your post bought back lovely memories. We used to live in Petworth and i spent many days of my pregnancy taking long walks around the park!

Your images are stunning.
Now i am craving egg and chips!