Home Uncategorized Princes, Soldiers & Ice-cream

Princes, Soldiers & Ice-cream

Princes, Soldiers & Ice-cream

fancydress1_edit

What do you picture when you think of a Prince? A Disney cartoon? The eighties pop-star? Michael Jackson’s son (you never know!) or maybe William and Harry?

Yesterday Theo was invited to his first proper birthday party. It was fancy dress and the theme was Prince & Princesses.  I had a look on Pinterest for ideas, but as the days slipped by, I drifted towards a ready made outfit on eBay and when I searched for Prince, I got Prince/Soldier… so  that’s what we ended up with.

And honestly what does a modern Prince wear? Chinos and a nice shirt most of the time (which would make a rubbish and rather cryptic fancy dress outfit) or for official functions… he would mostly wear uniform.

Anyway, Theo loved it and didn’t want to take it off. He wore it to the party and he wore it yesterday afternoon when we marked the return of our local ice-cream man, with the first frozen treat of the year. Our ice-cream man takes four months off work every year and it always disappears at terrifying speed (for him too I think) but like clockwork he returns at February half-term dishing out ice-creams and sweeties.

marchice-cream_editmarchice-cream2

The first ice-cream of the season is surely a sign that summer is on the way?

Linking up with…

Living Arrows
mummy daddy me

Cerys March 9, 2015 - 11:30 am

Ice cream?! Yesssss! He looks quite at home in that outfit!

Summer Parker March 9, 2015 - 12:07 pm

He looks great in the SOLDIERS outfits and the ice cream looks so yummy x

Natalie @ Little Jam Pot Life Blog March 9, 2015 - 2:37 pm

Love that first photo! he looks so handsome! and love the look of that icecream 🙂

gemma stevens March 9, 2015 - 3:52 pm

Love all the photos. He looks great in his Prince/solider outfit. That ice cream looks yummy.

Morna piper March 9, 2015 - 7:54 pm

I’m glad he liked his outfit. I always feel a bit sorry for boys at these parties, they never seem to have as many options as girls. From what we can see it looks very smart. My 2nd little princess has her heart set on a superhero party this year much to the delight of my friends who have boys.

Katie @mummydaddyme March 9, 2015 - 8:06 pm

I can’t believe the ice cream van has already arrived where you are- he hasn’t made an appearance here yet. And so sweet about the costume- my eldest daughter often does the same and won’t take her costumes off for ages!

lisa prince March 9, 2015 - 8:41 pm

oh what a handsome fella he is , loving the outfit , smart as a button

Carie March 9, 2015 - 8:58 pm

Our ice cream van keeps going all winter – it’s very disconcerting to hear the twinkles when the ground’s still covered in frost! And I think his prince outfit is fabulous – he looks just like the prince in our Cinderella Duplo!!

Donna March 9, 2015 - 11:39 pm

I love that outfit. Pilot came to mind but Prince fits too 🙂 he looks so cute and that ice cream looks amazing! x

Catriona Stephen March 10, 2015 - 2:51 pm

Lovely photos, love the outfit! 🙂 The ice cream photo made me shiver, but I’m funny about ice creams! xx

SIan March 13, 2015 - 10:21 pm

I love his prince outfit!