Wasn’t the weather great yesterday? For once the British weather actually delivered on a bank holiday! We had a great time taking part in the annual village duck race and enjoying some time soaking up the sun in our neighbours garden. It’s so lovely to finally be outside, after the cold winter months and it’s really made us think about the work we have to do over the next few weeks to get our own garden ready for the summer.
Jim has next week off work to do the next stage of work on the garden, bringing in top soil, rotavating and sowing grass seed. I’m really encouraged to see that the grass seed we sowed at the end of last summer has blended in so well it is almost invisible now, I’m hoping we’ll be saying the same about this part of the garden in a couple of months.
With summer on the way and the end of our first garden project almost in sight, we have also been thinking about garden furniture. We have some which is a few years old which I am planning to sand down and repaint, but I also spotted a great Debenhams Easter blogger competition to win an amazing garden party set so I thought I’d play along with some fantasy garden shopping and pick out some of my Debenhams garden favourites in order to enter the competition…
(1) Grey Victoria Kingston Sofa, coffee table and armchairs – Ever since this style of furniture started appearing in gardens I have dreamed of owning some. It’s incredibly comfortable and looks stunning. Honestly, I’d probably never go inside again if I had this in the garden!
(2) Memphis Firepit – Ensuring a good summer party will last well into the evening. There’s something that everyone loves about sitting round an open fire, even in summer and outside!
(3) La Hacienda Romana Steel Pizza Oven – Proper homemade pizzas cooked outside. We love making our own pizzas and our friends love eating them, so this would make for a perfect summer party!
(4) Set of 6 small curved cups – Don’t forget the children! They’ll need some stylish garden safe party wear so they can enjoy a drink whilst the adults relax
(5) Small decorative silver lantern – A few of these to decorate the garden would help to create atmosphere as the sun sets
(6) Set of four plastic wine glasses – Because being in the garden shouldn’t mean you compromise on style
Debenhams also wanted to know why we’d love to win a garden makeover and I thought the easiest way to explain that was with a short video showing you the patch of the garden that we are working on at the moment and where we’d love to have our garden party kit if we won…