Home sewing How to make personalised bunting

How to make personalised bunting

How to make personalised bunting

Sewing tutorial : How to make personalised bunting

This week I’m stepping into new territory with a video tutorial. It’s not perfect, but it is something I have wanted to try for a while and if it helps one person make bunting it will have been worth it.

I actually filmed this tutorial twice, not a speedy process on either occasion! Once at the beginning of February and again this week. I think I over complicated it the first time and I chose to record it whilst I was making some very pale coloured bunting with quite pale coloured letters which didn’t translate well in the footage.

Video is a constant learning curve, but I enjoy the challenge and I love the fact that where once video was something I had to request the opportunity to work with in a professional environment, now it is something I can fiddle about with myself.

FREE DOWNLOADS HERE….

All of the templates together here
Bunting flag template which you can get here
Applique letters template (A to I) here
Applique letters template (J to R) here
Applique letters template (S to Z) here

Donna April 29, 2015 - 2:19 pm

That is beautiful! I wish I had any kind of talent when it comes to sewing but sadly I don’t at all! x

Susan October 21, 2015 - 11:06 am

So helpful o me thanks

Rhea Halford February 3, 2016 - 1:15 pm

Hello Clare,

Thanks for the bunting tutorial – it’s great! Exactly what I have been looking for to make a named bunting for my baby’s room.

I have downloaded the flag template but can’t seem to download the alphabets on drop box. Is there any way you could email them to me please? Or let me know somewhere else I could download them from?

Many thanks,

Rhea

Rhea

Miriam February 3, 2016 - 6:40 pm

Hi Clare, the bunting looks great and the video is such a help for a beginner sewer like me. Only thing is the links for applique letters bring up an error message: The folder ‘/Blog downloads’ doesn’t exist.

P.s I’ve subscribed to your channel on Youtube so thanks in advance for all the great tips and project ideas!

Melissa October 29, 2016 - 5:13 am

I made bunting following your instructions and they turned out brilliantly. I have pictures but I cannot upload them. Thank you heaps

Steph November 28, 2016 - 1:21 am

Hi I cant seem to download templates, can you email them to me..I am new to sewing etc but cant qait to try heat and bond! Thanks.

Brendap December 10, 2016 - 12:08 pm

Hi,
This looks amazing and exactly what i want for my twin granddaughters’ bedroom. I can download the flag template but not the letters. i log into Dropbox but then it says the blog download folder doesnt exist.
Any chance you might email the letter templates to me please.
Thanks so much