I have never stuck my head out to ask for nominations for a blogging award before, but this year I’ve decided to do just that. I’m not somebody who finds it easy to ask for help and I generally like to do all I can to achieve things on my own without burdening other people, but this is one blogging goal that I am powerless to achieve without your help.
The Mads awards are held annually and there are a range of categories which loosely revolve around parenting. The category I would like to be nominated for is Best Blog Photography and further down the page I will give some suggestions for the other nominees so that if you do decide to vote, you don’t do it with a partly empty form.
As most of you know I have been blogging for 9 years, but my photography has evolved steadily since I started and to help you decide if you want to nominate me, I thought I’d remind you of a few of my photo highlights from the last year…
The thing I am most proud of are my contributions to the Living Arrows link up every week capturing a portrait of Theo every seven days. These photos always require a bit of planning and processing to get the best out of the photos, but I think it’s worth the effort.
As a family we also like to have days out, particularly in the south-east of England and last year we went to Center Parcs at Longleat for a short break, where I took lots of photos including these…
We also went “overseas” last year (via a ferry across the Solent!) and during our short break in the Isle Of Wight lwe visited Godshill Model Village, the Garlic Farm, Seaview, Shanklin & Sandown
I also love to take photos around my local area, particularly during our weekend dog walks at West Wittering & East Head where we are lucky enough to be able to enjoy the beach and exploring the sand dunes….
I could deluge you with photos, but I won’t. The nominations close on 20th May, which isn’t far away and you can nominate here.
Please consider me for the Best Blog Photography category and if you want to nominate others, please consider supporting the following great bloggers…
- Blog Of The Year – mytwomums.com (Kirsty, Clara and their adorable son M have been a real inspiration to me, they are also vlogging every day in 2015)
- Best Pregnancy Blog – ababyonboard.com (Gill is a 30 something mum of Eliza and her blog has a great layout and fab photography)
- Best Baby Blog – beagreenbean.co.uk (Dawn is a writer and ecologically minded mum to a five month old baby)
- Best Pre-School Blog – tigerlillyquinn.com (Fritha has an amazing blog which really needs no introduction, this is the category she is hoping to be nominated in)
- Best Schooldays Blog – science-sparks.com (Emma has built a successful blog, youtube channel and app out of her passion for teaching kids science)
- Best Family Travel Blog – globalmousetravels.com (I discovered Nichola’s blog a few weeks ago it’s packed full of useful travel reviews for families)
- Best Family Fun Blog – wouldliketobeayummymummy.com (written by Karen, a mum of three who is a fellow forces wife and long-term blogger)
- Best Craft Blog – thelittlewomanpretends.co.uk (Robyn is a hugely talented seamstress who has recently started a blog sharing sewing tutorials and lifestyle posts, she deserves your support)
- Best Thrifty Blog – mumssavvysavings.com (Emma was a finalist in last year’s awards)
- Best Food Blog – amuse-your-bouche.com (Becca’s blog is full of stunning photography and mouthwatering recipes)
- Best Home & Interiors Blog – lovechicliving.co.uk (Jen’s blog provided the inspiration behind the redesign of this blog earlier in the year, it’s a great source of home ideas)
- Best Writer – snowingindoors.com (Em is a good friend whose blog I greatly admire, she’s also sticking her neck on the line for the first time this year and I’m backing her in this category)
- Best Blog Photography – maybushstudio.com (this blog!)