Home Uncategorized A picnic at West Wittering Beach

A picnic at West Wittering Beach

Family picnic on West Wittering beach

Last week I decided to splash out on a little extravagance for our family by purchasing an annual car park pass for West Wittering beach. Although parking in the winter is only £1 a day in the summer it rockets up to £8 at weekends and £6.50 during the week. In the past we have avoided the beach for most of the peak season and parked further along the coast in East Wittering, but by doing so we were depriving ourselves of a lovely place to visit in the summer, so we decided to just bite the bullet.

fatface6_editfatface15

Saturday was the first day of our car park pass, so we decided to take a little picnic to the beach and have hot chocolate and biscuits in the dunes. It was a little windy, but we found a sheltered spot to spread our blanket and Theo and the dogs had a great time burning off energy running around.

fatface14fatface12_editfatface13

There was another purpose to our visit too. We were road-testing some clothes from Fat Face’s Go Play Outside range. I thought it might be a little problematic finding something for me that would accommodate my growing bump, but I inadvertently stumbled across THE best non-maternity item of clothing for pregnant and non-pregnant women in their knitted kimono. I have been living in it since it arrived 10 days ago!

fatfaceportrait2

Theo’s Half Neck Sweat has also been a bit of a revelation. We’ve been having battles recently with hoodies and t-shirts that sturbbornly won’t go over his head when we want to take them off, where as this one has a wider hole and comes off without a fuss. Why didn’t I think of that months ago?

fatface11

Like a lot of husband’s Jim was a slightly reluctant model (you’ve got to pitty the poor partner’s of bloggers!) but his shorts and hoodie are brill and look like they’ll be as hard-wearing as this range promises.

fatface7

Now we have our car park pass I think we are going to be spending a lot of time at West Wittering over the next few months. The picnic was a huge hit for Theo even if it was rather basic. So I think we’ll have to come back and do a proper lunch. I’ve even ordered him a bucket and spade, now all we need is some slightly warmer weather…

fatface10_1600fatface5_editfatface20_edit2

Linking up with…

Living Arrows

Carie May 18, 2015 - 8:50 am

oh what A gorgeous spot! Definitely worth sucking up the cost for an annual pass, and the clothes look lovely too!

Isabella Wong (Life as a Petite) May 18, 2015 - 9:22 am

These photos are so lovely and so precious! It’s crazy how inflated prices get when it gets to summer…but I’m sure you guys will make the most out of it and have lots of fun too 🙂 x

Working mum Blog May 18, 2015 - 9:46 am

Ah to live near a beach. The Sand dunes reminds me of a beach I went to in South Africa. Interesting to see that we have such a beautiful beach in the UK.
The parking fee has put me right off though! I understand that it gets busier during peak season but an increase of that much is something I personally don’t agree with.
On a separate note, you are looking fab in your outfit! x

Alexandra @dontcallmestepmummy May 18, 2015 - 2:19 pm

What a good idea to bring your own hot chocolate. These are just fabulous photos, what a beautiful spot. You look AMAZING too #livingarrows

gemma stevens May 18, 2015 - 3:14 pm

These are such gorgeous photos and such a beautiful beach. I love how white the sand is. #livingarrows

Carina May 18, 2015 - 7:26 pm

We’ll be heading there during the summer holidays, it’s on our beach list, may bump (see what I did there) into you sometime! Parking sounds cheap compared to Brighton!

claremansell@mac.com May 18, 2015 - 7:29 pm

Yes it’s not bad for a one off visit. It just makes for an expensive dog walk if you only pop in for an hour! 🙂

Karen May 18, 2015 - 8:59 pm

Gorgeous photos Clare. It miss living close to the beach it’s lively in all weathers xx

Sian May 19, 2015 - 9:04 pm

Ah love the family shot! I love West Wittering beach – I went with an ex 10+ years ago – would love to take my family there though it’s a 2.5 hour drive for us. Maybe one day when the weather is great and we can set off at 7am! Great clothes too – love the kimono. Jim did great despite being reluctant!
#livingarrows

Nayna Kanabar May 21, 2015 - 10:01 pm

What a lovely place to visit, the beach looks absolutely beautiful.

Hayley from Shutterflies May 23, 2015 - 4:23 pm

Gorgeous photos, Clare. It looks like the perfect spot for a picnic, I can see the attraction! You look great x

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard » Maybush Studio June 10, 2015 - 6:01 am

[…] to get round the whole site in just one day. Being a recent convert to annual passes (see here and here) I was pleased to see that Portsmouth has gone down this route too and you can buy a […]

Personalised bunting tutorial. - The little woman pretends. November 2, 2015 - 3:50 pm

[…] she make fabulous tutorials but she is absolutely amazing with a camera. See her recent idyllic  beach picnic photographs for a perfect […]