Home photography A weekend away

A weekend away

This weekend we had a fantastic but exhausting few days celebrating Jim’s sisters wedding in East Sussex. Theo didn’t perform his pageboy role, but did have a fantastic time playing with the other children and kept everyone amused by interrupting the groom mid-speech to take a photo of him with one of the disposable cameras. (I don’t know where he gets it from!)

zoeswedding1

We stayed in a lovely B&B sandwiched between the English Wine Centre and Drusillas Zoo. It had a little sitting room and separate annexe for Theo. He was quite happy to sneak into our bed in the morning and watch Cbeebies till we were ready to get up (do you recognise that familiar spaced out children’s tv face?!) The B&B also did a great breakfast with homemade toast and jam, just what I need to start a day!

I mentioned already that it was exhausting, but I didn’t really realise quite how pregnancy depletes your stamina. 9 hours in heels is apparently not a brilliant idea! I’m looking forward to a quiet few days catching up with things and editing some of the photos I took. Fortunately there’s not too much in the diary this week.

I’ll share some photos in a post later this week, including one of Theo in his alternative outfit, which was fortunately a big hit with the Bride & Groom…

Living Arrows

Carie July 20, 2015 - 11:08 am

oh he looks so little in a big bed! And I know what you mean about weddings and pregnancy – we went to one when I was 8 months with Elma and I could happily have fallen asleep in the corner by the evening!

gemma stevens July 20, 2015 - 3:19 pm

That looks like a really cosy bed. I remember how exhausting it was to attend a function whilst pregnant. I hope you have recovered and finding some time to relax.

jenny July 20, 2015 - 8:27 pm

Oh how little does he look in that huge bed. Gorgeous bedding and hope you are having a lovely stay. #livingarrows

Donna July 20, 2015 - 9:52 pm

That looks like the biggest bed in the world! x

Stephanie July 20, 2015 - 10:16 pm

he certainly looks engrossed – he has that boy face on which says I’m watching the telly! And yes, a huge bed with beautiful bed linen đŸ™‚

Em @ snowingindoors July 21, 2015 - 5:48 am

Theo looks tiny in that big bed, glad he had fun at the wedding, can’t wait to see what he wore. Good luck with the relaxing missus xx

Emily Beale July 21, 2015 - 2:02 pm

A face I do know all too well!

Hayley from Shutterflies July 26, 2015 - 9:33 pm

Oh, he’s so cute! I found my pregnancy with my second so exhausting. I was hungry and knackered the whole time! Hope you’ve managed to get some rest x