Home Uncategorized 31 weeks (mind the gap)

31 weeks (mind the gap)

31 weeks (mind the gap)

Back in May when I announced we were expecting number two, I think I vaguely mentioned that I planned to do regular pregnancy updates. Three months later and here’s the first one, so that went well!

Partly the absence of posts is because I didn’t think I had anything interesting to say about this pregnancy and yet I read other people’s posts about their growing bumps with great curiosity, so I have to remind myself that sharing our everyday can be fascinating depending on the angle you view it from.

31w_bump_edit3

So here we go then, 31 weeks in and comfortably into my third trimester. About a month ago I booked myself a doctor’s appointment for a blood test for anemia as I was constantly fatigued and plagued by restless legs. Unfortunately my doctors were useless and to cut a long story short it took them 10 days, repeated phonecalls, visits and appointments to get the prescription for iron and two weeks before they could actually give me the test results… Yes you did read that the right way round, prescription before results!

Now I’m on the iron I’m gradually starting to feel better, but if I miss a couple of tablets I slide back into tiredness quite quickly. Other than that the bump is measuring bang on the right size and I’m also the right weight for this stage. Sleeping is ok, but not brilliant. I miss lying on my front so much!

We chose not to find out the gender of the baby so we’ve been mulling over name options for both sexes and when I say mulling over, what I really mean is that I make suggestions and Jim either says an outright “no” or “h’mmm… maybe.” We have two strong contenders now and a couple of outsiders, but I keep wavering! Please share name ideas if you have any brilliant ones!

As far as nursery preparations are going, our spare room is filling up with goodies and tomorrow we shall be hanging a beautiful wallpaper mural we’ve been given. Meanwhile I’m stalking eBay looking for a chest of drawers and hoping we can get the whole room sorted before Jim is back at work in a fortnight.

I’m still hoping for a home birth as to be frank, nothing about Theo’s hospital birth is worth repeating (it wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t great) and I’d just like to be in my own environment, with all my own stuff on hand and able to relax. I just hope everything conspires to help me achieve it as I realise it’s dependent on the baby arriving at the right time and my health continuing to be good.

I haven’t noticed too many significant differences between this pregnancy and the last, the same side effects and complaints, the same shape and positioning of bump, but possibly a little more movement and wriggling from this baby than I had with Theo… I don’t want to think about the implications of that too much, Theo was and always has been a very laid back little chap, perhaps his sibling will be more feisty!

Mummy & Bean August 25, 2015 - 8:49 pm

Glad you’re all healthy apart from the tiredness which I empathise with. I was severely anaemic after having Scarlet. Scarlet never stayed still in utero as they say. She was a right little fuss pot. Kicking my spleen or bouncing on my bladder and she’s as chilled as you like now (I may regret saying that) – so it might not mean anything at all, other than they are in a hurry to meet you all 🙂

Donna August 25, 2015 - 9:47 pm

That picture is worth waiting three months for – it’s gorgeous!! I can’t believe you are so close already, baby’s nearly here! I am so excited to find out if it’s a boy or girl and the name you choose. YAY for babies! x

Nancy August 25, 2015 - 10:28 pm

Well the name thing – it is the most interesting process. Ian had many crossed off the list (Allison b/c she was a mean kid in his class; others were old girlfriends/boyfriends). Perhaps the most interesting choices were the girls. Sarah (#1) suggested Sachie after a favourite character – Satchelmouse in a book. Katie (#2) suggested Laura – she said there was a “snake” in mommy’s belly called Laura. The snake became a baby at a later date. #3 is called Laura and we were glad it was a she…

Karen August 25, 2015 - 10:36 pm

What a gorgeous photo, love it! Good to hear everything is going smoothly. I remember struggling with not sleeping on my stomach too. Good luck with the hone birth too, hope it al works out x

Teresa August 25, 2015 - 10:44 pm

We have just had our 2nd Grandchild – Fabian Vincent ..(they just liked the names..) . A little brother for the Fabulous Frida Christabelle….(Frida Khalo) & (Suffragette anniversary..)
He was born safely at home with a water birth….. Which they were all thrilled with. In East Yorshire… Home births have 2 midwives attending, so they had great support & help. Good Luck… I hope you have a safe birth & you are happy with how it goes….. x

claremansell@mac.com August 25, 2015 - 10:47 pm

Frida is a beautiful name and lovely to be named after someone too I think. Fabian is also a good choice.

Hayley from Shutterflies August 29, 2015 - 11:19 pm

Oh my goodness, that sweet little face! Is he excited about becoming a brother?

I was exhausted during my 2nd pregnancy, Floradix is worth every single penny! Really helped and without the nasty side effects of iron tablets.

lifewithmunchers September 5, 2015 - 9:27 pm

We have a very wriggly little girl arriving at the same time. I swear I didn’t have this much movement before and I’m freaking that we’re going to be chasing our tail with this one! x