Home photography The first week of school

The first week of school

The first week of school

Theo’s first week at Primary School has flown by. We had five days of good weather which meant we were able to start well with pick ups and drop offs by walking every morning and only doing two pick ups by car.

Morris Traveller

On the second occasion that I left Maggie parked outside the school I returned to find an envelope on my windscreen addressed to the “Morris 1000 owner.” I thought I was about to be told off for parking in the wrong spot, but it was actually a note from someone who wanted to buy her! Theo was quite distraught at the very idea we might contemplate selling, but I reassured him she’s not going anywhere!

Like many children Theo started in reception last week part-time, doing three full days and two half days, but protested quite strongly about being taken home early, so this week he’s up four full days and next week I suspect he will full-time.

It’s so lovely to see him enjoying himself and getting so much out of school already. We are particularly lucky to have such a lovely village primary close by and great kids and parents who attend. There are lots of after-school clubs, outings and even French lessons, plenty for him to get his teeth into over the next few years.

There was one more thing that made last week significant too, Theo managed two separate appearances on television! The first was with me as part of a piece about summer born babies on the BBC News and the second when his school pal Monty was filmed on his first day for Good Morning Britain. Quite a start to school life!

Linking up with (and being a featured contributor) at…

Living Arrows

Jenny September 14, 2015 - 10:57 am

Now that’s a real start to the first day of school life and fame. Congrats. That’s amazing. Love this photo!!! #livingarrows

Kerri-Ann September 14, 2015 - 12:19 pm

That’s a excellent start, go little man, straight in to full days for Lil G which hasn’t been questioned at all. I’m so glad all went well. Really love this picture. So so cute. The lightening is beautiful #livingarrows

Polka Dot Family September 14, 2015 - 12:53 pm

I’m pleased to hear that the note wasn’t one telling you off but one with something nice to say – even if you aren’t looking to sell

Donna September 14, 2015 - 1:15 pm

I’m so glad he’s settling in so well. We had two half days on Weds/Thurs and now she’s full time as of last Friday. I now spend most my day twiddling my thumbs. Miss her! x

Emma T September 14, 2015 - 7:23 pm

Gorgeous photo. Glad his first days went well, and I spotted him in the video. Sounds like his village school is similar to ours – for a small school it really does offer a lot (as long as the timings work for afterschool club – ours doesn’t unfortunately!)

Carie September 15, 2015 - 7:22 pm

Wow what a way to start school 🙂 It sounds like his school is fantastic and you’re going to have a great time there over the next few however many years it is (we calculated we’ll have school runs in our family until 2032 which scared us rather a lot!!)