Home family life Nursery Room Tour

Nursery Room Tour

Nursery Room Tour

I’m 37 weeks on Friday so a nursery room tour is definitely due! It’s taken us a while to get everything together and go looking round the loft for all the things we needed, but we finally got round to doing the last things this weekend.

Obviously as we have chosen not to discover the sex of the baby this nursery had to be gender neutral. I did a gender neutral nursery for Theo too and only afterwards realised it definitely looked more boyish than girlish. I think if anything this looks the other way, so it will be interesting to see if that is any indicator of what we are having!

nursery14nurseryportrait1

We didn’t want to spend a lot of money on this room so most of the items in it are reused or bargain finds, you can find a full list of suppliers at the end of the post. We were kindly gifted our amazing wallpaper mural which is the focal point of the whole room. I think its stunning and will last long beyond babyhood.

nursery16nurseryportrait2

The dove light was given to me as part of my ambassador role for Iconic Lights. There are a lot of similar ceramic animal lights around at the moment, but this one is a steal at £15! The pictures on the wall are all free downloads I found on Pinterest and printed on our home printer, you can find direct links to them from my nursery Pinterest board.

nursery9nursery13nursery10

The knitted pouffe was something I’d been hankering after for a while, but all the ones I found online were seriously expensive.I found this one in the end at Asda for £39!

DCIM100GOPRO

Suppliers…

Dove light £15 from http://www.iconiclights.co.uk/decorative-ceramic-dove-table-lamp-in-white.html (review)
Drew bamboo side table from Habitat £35
Knitted pouffe from Asda £39
Map wallpaper mural from http://www.muralswallpaper.co.uk (review)
Poang chair and cover from Ikea (cream cover £20)
Faux sheepskin rug (2 of 70x140cm) by Rugs Supermarket from Amazon
Gro Egg from the Gro Company £20 (review)
Free nursery printables – See Pinterest board : https://www.pinterest.com/claremansell/nursery-buys/

Linking up with…

www.mrscraftyb.co.uk

If you like this post, you might also be interested in…

Claire Coyle nee mansell! September 30, 2015 - 6:36 am

Hi Claire. I followed you on Twitter be aside we had the same name until I got married last October. I am due too (28 weeks) so was interested to see your nursery. We know we are having a girl but I have gone with a similar nursery theme. Travel/ adventure. I have everything we need just need to get the room cleared out and get cracking thankfully I am a teacher so half term will be a good oppertunity good luck with the birth! I want a glo egg too! X

Rosana @ Hot&CHilli Blog September 30, 2015 - 9:24 am

Such a cute and peaceful looking room. I love the wall map! R

Donna October 1, 2015 - 8:22 am

That room is gorgeous, so bright and airy and I love the mural! x

Carin October 1, 2015 - 1:23 pm

Clare, the room is lovely. So nice and bright. And I ADORE the mural. I have been looking for a map mural or wall paper, soff to check that out!

Stephanie Robinson October 5, 2015 - 5:57 pm

That looks great – love that map, how fab. And the knitted pouffe and the light, so many nice things. Good luck and I’m sure your little one will love it too #makinghome

My Two Mums October 7, 2015 - 1:24 pm

This is simply gorgeous! I love the pouffe, I would love a setup like that for our next little one.

Annie B October 8, 2015 - 7:40 pm

The room looks beautiful. I especially love the mural. Super annoyed we didn’t do this in our boys room! Fab job! Thanks for linking up to #MakingHome

Chloe (Sorry About The Mess) October 10, 2015 - 7:14 am

That wallpaper is just lovely! Really like what you’ve done with the room, it looks like a very warm and welcoming space.

Laura September 13, 2016 - 11:39 am

Hi, I saw your wallpaper on Pinterest and it is amazing! I checked out the wallpaper website and found they have three quality( light, medium, heavy), which one do you choose? And how to install the wallpaper? Need any special glue or something?
I am redecorating my son’s playroom and really love this wallpaper, looking forward to your reply^_^

claremansell@mac.com September 13, 2016 - 11:43 am

Hi Laura, We used normal wallpaper paste (Homebase’s own or similar!) to fix the mural to the wall, I seem to remember that we pasted the wall and then added the paper rather than the other way round! As regards the different weights of paper, I’m afraid I can’t be too much help. A year ago when we did it they only had one weight, so the three weight thing seems to be a recent change!