Home photography The last few days as an only child…

The last few days as an only child…

theo111015a_edit

Life for Theo is about to change forever in the next few weeks when he gets a sibling. For now we are quietly enjoying the relative freedom of being a family of three by going out for lunch and visiting places with the bare minimum of kiddy kit, but any day things will change. Theo thinks he has this big brother thing pretty sussed already, he talks about how he plans to soothe the baby when it cries by cuddling it or giving it a bottle, but he says he’s not so sure about changing nappies and that he might leave them to me.

When we discuss names he has a definite favourite name for a boy (which he can only just manage to say!) but his choices for a girl are limited to “Ava, Pearl, Madeliene” or any of the older girls he has taken a shine to.

The nursery is set up and ready and I often find him in there lying under the baby gym or playing with the music on the rocking seat and he loves to show it all off to anyone who visits our house. He is well settled at school with a good group of friends and I’m glad that the timing of this new arrival has been such that he’s been able to find his place there before a baby comes a long and steals some of the focus at home.

Living Arrows

The Reading Residence October 12, 2015 - 10:24 am

I distinctly remember my last day at home with my girl, just the two of us as it had been in the week. My son was a planned C Section so I knew it would be the last day. Bittersweet times. Sounds like Theo’s very ready 🙂

Em @ snowingindoors October 12, 2015 - 10:34 am

I bet he’s going to be a fantastic big brother, and he’s got the right ideas about the nappies, leave those well alone 😉

Ellie October 12, 2015 - 10:49 am

Oh Theo is looking so grown up, Claire!
I’m sure he’s going to be a lovely big brother, but don’t be surprised if he kicks off a bit occasionally at first. I don’t blame him really!
I can’t wait to see the first pictures of him and his baby sibling….so excited for you all. X x x

Emma Shilton October 12, 2015 - 8:35 pm

What an exciting time in his life? I bet he can’t wait to be a big brother. Enjoy your last few days as a family of 3 and best of luck with your impending arrival xx #LivingArrows

Carie October 12, 2015 - 10:07 pm

He sounds very ready to be a big brother, and yes, lovely that he’s so settled at school so he won’t feel pushed out. Enjoy the last few days of being a three; I’m so looking forward to see you as a happy four soon 🙂

Jenna October 13, 2015 - 1:12 pm

Such an exciting time for Theo (and all of you!) – he sounds like he is going to be a fab big brother. 🙂

#LivingArrows

Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) October 13, 2015 - 3:27 pm

Aww exciting times! I am not pregnant but my son wants to call his sister (its got to be a sister) to be Isobel =) #pointshoot

Mommy's Little Princesses October 13, 2015 - 6:53 pm

Awww, what a fantastic and doting big brother he’s going to be!xx

karen October 14, 2015 - 9:49 am

Aaahhhh he’s ready to be a big brother. How sweet xx

Sian - The Mama Story October 14, 2015 - 1:36 pm

He has a great taste in girls’ names! Good luck to him on becoming a big brother – enjoy the rest of your time as a family of 3!
#LivingArrows

Donna October 14, 2015 - 10:11 pm

I really cannot wait for your baby news! SO EXCITED!!! Theo is going to be an incredible big brother x

Claire @ Clarina's Contemplations October 15, 2015 - 8:30 pm

Not long, little Theo! Such an exciting time for you all! Can’t wait to hear your news!

You Baby Me Mummy October 16, 2015 - 3:14 pm

Ah so exciting! It is wonderful that Theo is so settled, Thanks for linking up to #PointShoot x