Home photography Living Arrows 50/52

Living Arrows 50/52

The end of another year of Living Arrows is approaching and I’ve been looking back over the images I have collected in the last 50 weeks. The difference between each week is often barely perceivable, but month to month you can start to spot the changes and see how quickly these children of ours are changing.

la1412_1600

The length of Theo’s hair is probably the most noticeable difference this year. Once again, it’s drifting into the territory of being too long and so I’m starting to try and cajole him into having a trim over the holidays. He has been mistaken for a girl more than once, though possibly the gold sparkly wellies don’t help!

This boy has very firm ideas about his appearance. He doesn’t cry or have a tantrum, but there are just certain things he won’t budge on. He refuses to wear an apron at school to paint, he finds shorts and t-shirts less restrictive than long sleeves and trousers and he rejects clothes because they are “just not my favourite colour” but top of the list of things he won’t give way on is the hair.

He agreed to wear his Christmas jumper yesterday solely on the promise that my sister (who we were visiting) wouldn’t cut his hair and he was even happy to give up presents from Father Christmas if he wasn’t good and didn’t hair cut because “I’d still have one present and I could open Alice’s”

So week by week it keeps getting longer and as his face disappears behind the fringe, I see more and more of his personality emerging. It’s an interesting trade off.

Living Arrows

Karly Hopkins December 14, 2015 - 1:26 pm

She looks very festive in that photo 🙂

claremansell@mac.com December 14, 2015 - 1:28 pm

So the problem is worst than I first suspected…

Donna December 14, 2015 - 5:01 pm

He looks so grown up here – love his jumper! x

Emma December 15, 2015 - 11:32 pm

Such an amazing shot! The look on your sons face is just magical!

Hayley @hayleyfromhome December 16, 2015 - 1:37 pm

I think he looks just gorgeous with his long hair! Very cute Christmas jumper too, looks like his face has just lit up on this photo. I just trim Lucas’ fringe now and again, he does get mistaken for a girl but I just couldn’t see him with short hair, it’s seems like it’s a part of him!

You Baby Me Mummy December 16, 2015 - 6:05 pm

Such a stunning picture of him. It is so lovely to have the complete set of pictures. I made a book last year x

Emma T December 16, 2015 - 10:26 pm

Lovely photo of him. So funny that he loves his long hair.

My OH had overgrown hair (so much so that it was nearly like an afro) a few weeks ago, and tried to make N grow his too. N wasn’t having any of it. He loves having his hair cut.