Home photography The Home Life Photography Project

The Home Life Photography Project

The Home Life Photography Project

At this time of year we are all doing a bit of evaluating, working out what we enjoyed in 2015 and what we want to do more and less of in 2016. Photos still remain central to what I enjoy and want to share on this blog and despite my bold ambitions to “go pro” in 2015 (another post for another day) next year I want to focus on what I enjoy and to do it well, which is what the Home Life photography project is about.

On the first full weekend of every month I will be picking up my camera and trying to document my family life in a series of photos, to make this project rewarding and inspiring I want others to join me so we can share our images with each other and see new creative ways to record our families. Don’t worry, no one will have to commit to be there every month, but if you want to join me sometimes or every time, I’d love to have you on board.

The idea is loosely based on the 1 Day 12 Photos concept which aims to capture 12 photos across 12 hours, but you can do more or less that number depending on what suits.

I’m trying not to just create another link up, the linking part is supplementary to the main project. What I want to do is to find a community of people like me who want to grow their photography, to experiment with their pictures.

If you’d like to join me then start this weekend by picking up your camera and recording your family and the things that they do. This isn’t about smiling for the camera or telling your kids to stand in a certain place to get a perfect shot, it’s about documenting behind on the scenes of your family. Shoot what you eat, the shoes you wear, what your house looks like right now (mess and all) your bags of shopping, the car, the post, the pets…

Then come back and share it with me on Monday from 7am, I will be thrilled if you join me and I cannot wait to see what you photograph.

homelifebadge

PS – You might want to bookmark this page which includes all the dates for the link up in 2016 and the code for the linky badges.

Maria (one tiny leap) January 1, 2016 - 11:50 am

Great idea Claire, I love a good photo challenge and I will most definitely be joining.
Happy New Year x

Katie @mummydaddyme January 1, 2016 - 2:01 pm

What a lovely idea, my new years resolution is to pick up my big camera and enjoy taking photos more. I will have to try and join in, I really want to do some more projects but I worry about committing to things and then not having time. x

Dawn & Bean January 1, 2016 - 3:23 pm

Sounds like a lovely project Clare and I’ll do my very best to join you. 🙂

Donna January 1, 2016 - 5:44 pm

This sounds like such a great project. I find anything weekend based hard as I work until 2pm every Saturday but I will link up when I can x

Clare @ Maybush Studio January 1, 2016 - 6:02 pm

You can do it any time Donna, just as long as it is ready for the first Monday of the month! 🙂

Kerri-Ann January 2, 2016 - 10:22 am

I really LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. Although I am a little worried my photos won’t be too wonderful. I got my first camera for Christmas! I’m excited to learn all about it and photography is an area of the blog I want

Nat Halfpenny January 2, 2016 - 10:30 am

I really love this idea. Your pictures are beautiful so I’m afraid mine really wouldn’t inspire at all. I’m learning though!

Home life project. – The little woman pretends. January 4, 2016 - 12:15 pm

[…] If you want a bit more information on the Link up, you can find it all on the Maybush Studio blog page  HERE […]

Emma T January 5, 2016 - 11:41 pm

I love 1 day 12 pics but I’m so rubbish at remembering to do it. Love this idea, although most weekends we’re out and about or N’s out on the farm with his dad, so it’s just me pottering around. Your house must have so much light – ours is just rubbish at this time of year

mummyofboygirltwins May 22, 2016 - 12:17 pm

Oh I agree – I love photography so much and your style is perfect. I love anything that captures the moment xx

Blog Camp, New sandals & Tiled floors #LittleLoves – Life As Our Little Family May 27, 2016 - 6:01 am

[…] definitely take a look at Pamela’s monthly Bloggers Homes feature and Clare’s monthly #HomeLifeProject which is next weekend by the […]

The Home Life Photography Project {January 2016} · January 14, 2017 - 11:30 pm

[…] Clare’s (Maybush Studio) new ‘Home Life Photography Project’. As soon as I read this post detailing the project, I knew I wanted to take part. I’m always striving to try and take […]

Amelia @ Oh Little One Sweet January 26, 2017 - 1:56 pm

Oh I LOVE this idea! I am always telling myself that I wasn’t to capture and bottle up those moments in daily family life- those everyday moments I don’t want to forget. Is it once a month or every week? x